The busiest time of the year is coming, and you need to start getting your resale business ready now since most consumers start their holiday shopping before November or early to mid-November. Being prepared and prepping your team for the peak season is the key to success. Don’t take a last-minute approach and preparation. This can hurt your business.
Get your Resale Business Ready for the Holidays Shopping Season
Start your holiday promotions early – start planting the seeds towards Halloween.
Set a deadline of October 15 to complete the following:
- Make sure your website is up-to-date including address, phone number, store hours, and it’s mobile-enabled
- Have a collection filter so people can sort by size
- Special section for NWT (New With Tags) since many people want to give new gifts
- Collections that align S, M, L, XL, and 2XL by size. Ex. S= 0-2, M=4-6, etc.
- Instore add-on sales of gift bags and wrapping will sell well and you can add it online also
- Have an inventory tracking software to ensure smooth payout calculations
- Enclose a gift certificate to be used on your website in January and a separate one for February – $25 off $75 – good offer
- Currency converter for businesses selling internationally
- Order supplies (bags for instore purchases/shipping supplies) early so you don’t run out when it gets busy
- Review top and low performances from last year, and new product priorities for this year
- Understand your existing inventory levels and what you plan to have on hand throughout Q4
- Have a variety of marketplaces you are listed on – the “wider the net, the more fish you catch” approach (if you are actively launching new marketplaces channels, set your go-live day on or before October 1 in order to prioritize error resolution and inbound shipments if using marketplace fulfillment services.
- Consider your competition during a normal holiday season. Are their products currently available and in stock? If not, is this an opportunity to optimize your products to win those sales and beat your competition?
Robust listing data is the cornerstone of purchasing decisions:
- Descriptive titles
- 3-5 bullet points with simple item descriptions
- Details of the product
- 5-6 high quality per item
- Use of variations to simplify the shopping experience
Start your promotions early
Use email blasts, postcard marketing to previous customers, local newspapers, neighborhood signs, Eventbrite, Craigslist, and most importantly, online ads. People search on their phones so if your website is set to scrape to Google Shopping properly you will see an immediate impact on your sales. Have a marketing plan and invest your time to create content for social media including Instagram and Facebook.
Consumers buy more online
People who pivoted and took advantage of new technology available to them are doing well. Those who didn’t are still struggling with uncertainty and feeling overwhelmed with how to get back to normal.
E-commerce has created a huge opportunity for store owners all around the world. We want to help you move to the next level with your sales. Our inventory management software and cloud-based software will take sustainable resale, consignment, and thrift stores global.
Aravenda has created a simple system to help manage your inventory, pay consignors (if applicable), and sell your products online.
Here’s how it works:
- We create a custom website on Shopify for you to showcase your inventory
- Log into your Aravenda account and upload & track your inventory with automated payouts.
- Sell Sell Sell – Globally
Aravenda is the only platform that offers 24/7 service and enables inbound shipping allowing someone who has a dream of becoming the next Real Real to execute it.
We would love to chat with you about taking your resale business to the next level.
Schedule a time to talk about your needs here.